COVID-19 Update 67 with critical care specialist and pulmonologist Roger Seheult, MD of
After an update of global coronavirus infections and deaths, Dr. Seheult continues his review of journals and illustrates more of the possible pathway for blood clot (thrombosis) formation in COVID-19. See how oxidative stress of the endothelium (lining of the blood vessels), Von Willebrand factor, racial differences, and blood types may have a significant effect on COVID-19 severity and fatality rates.
Links referenced in this video:
Johns Hopkins –
Pathophysiology of Haemostasis and Thrombosis –
Thrombosis Research –
Science Alert –
Thrombosis Journal –
Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis –
Some previous videos from this series (visit MedCram.com for the full series):
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 66: ACE-Inhibitors and ARBs – Hypertension Medications with COVID-19
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 65: COVID-19 and Oxidative Stress (Prevention & Risk Factors)
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 64: Remdesivir COVID-19 Treatment Update
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 63: Is COVID-19 a Disease of the Endothelium (Blood Vessels and Clots)?
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 62: Treatment with Famotidine (Pepcid)?
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 61: Blood Clots & Strokes in COVID-19; ACE-2 Receptor; Oxidative Stress
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 60: Hydroxychloroquine Update; NYC Data; How Widespread is COVID-19?
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 59: Dr. Seheult’s Daily Regimen (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC)
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 58: Testing; Causes of Hypoxemia in COVID-19 (V/Q vs Shunt vs Diffusion)
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 57: Remdesivir Treatment Update and Can Far-UVC Disinfect Public Spaces?
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 56: What is “Forest Bathing” & Can It Boost Immunity Against Viruses?
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 55: How COVID-19 Infection Attacks The Immune System & Differs From HIV:
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 54: COVID-19 Antibody vs. PCR Testing; When to Relax Social Distancing?:
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 53: Anticoagulation; Can Mechanical Ventilation Make COVID 19 Worse?:
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 52: Ivermectin Treatment; Does COVID-19 Attack Hemoglobin?:
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 51: State by State Projections; Ultrasound to Diagnose COVID19 Pneumonia:
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 50: Dip in Daily New Deaths; Research on Natural Killer Cells & COVID-19:
– How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment:
Many other videos on COVID-19 (coronavirus outbreak, corona virus symptoms, influenza, coronavirus epidemic) and other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, strokes, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypercoagulation, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at MedCam.com
Speaker: Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
MedCram provides videos to a variety of medical schools, education programs, and institutions (please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested)
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media contact info:
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #Coronavirus