WELCOME TO NAMIBIA! Namibia is one of the most amazing countries I have ever been to. And I had one day in Windhoek before the start of a crazy travel, driving, camping adventure, to get a good sense of the place. So here’s a vlog from day 1! Just 10 more days of camping to go XD
Some additional info:
– Namibia’s currency is called Namibian dollars or N$
– N$1 = 4.73 INR
– The local sim is from a company called MTC and if you get an Aweh bundle, the internet is pretty cheap. The total combination cost me N$200 whereas just 3GB recharge costs N$65
– I use an international debit card and credit card both while travelling. But I use a debit card to withdraw money.
– The cab that I’m using in the video is managed by wildplanets.com
– The whole experience is in collaboration with Wild Planets, which is a not for profit company. They contribute most of their earnings from Tourism towards the development of Africa. So, if you’re planning to travel to Africa, do give them a holler.
– Mr. Munshi is the founder of Wild Planets and on this trip I had the good fortune of finding out first hand from him about Namibia. Wild Planets will launch their tours in Namibia in 2020.
Also, if you don’t follow me on Instagram, you can find all my pictures from Namibia under the hashtag #TanyaInNamibia
And for a detailed blog about Namibia, you can check my BLOG POSTS here –
1.Namibia Tourist Visa application for Indians
2.Namibia 14 day Road Trip Itinerary: The Master Guide to a Self-drive Adventure!
3.Namibia: Where to find Drool-worthy Food
Travel Partner for the series:
Follow me on Social Media –
▶ Check out my gear on Kit:
Music – Available on Epidemic Sound
Sign up here –
Video Edited in Premiere Pro CC 2019